Interested in research?
Interested candidates should submit the following:
- A letter describing their relevant experience
- Curriculum vitae
- Contact information for 2-3 references by email to Dr. Michael Burton at Michael.Burton@utdallas.edu
Graduate Student hopeful?
Information you’ll need before you apply to the program:
- Read Before You Apply on the UTD Graduate Admissions website.
- Dr. Burton welcomes e-mails/communication at Michael.Burton@utdallas.edu.
- Particular interest and priority will be given to individuals who have already applied to the Cognition and Neuroscience PhD Program.
Undergraduate Research Intern Candidate?
We request all U.G. research interns commit a minimum of 20 hours/week. No weekend or evening hours are allowed for new interns.
The time commitment must be minimally 3-4– hour blocks of time Monday-Friday from 8am-6pm.
For all interested parties please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- A calendar breakdown of your availability
- What specifically makes you interested in our lab (please be explicit)
- Honestly and candidly, how will working in our lab benefit you and how will you bring benefit to us?
Short-term/Summer High School or Undergraduate Research Intern Candidate?
The lab supports the development of junior scientists from all walks and experiences of life. We accept students from all institutes with interests in neuroimmunology, behavior, and career development.
We participate in many summer access research programs that allows for students to spend time in the lab. Programs like the Louis Stokes Alliances for Minority Participation (LSAMP), Ronald E. McNair, MARC/RISE programs and many more.