Cognitive Informatics and Statistics Lab
Lab Director: Dr. Richard M. Golden
What do we do?
- We develop, apply, and evaluate probabilistic models of instruction, assessment, human learning, and human information processing.
- We disseminate our work through scientific publications, conference presentations, and open-source software tools.
How do we do it?
Our highly multidisciplinary methods combine research threads from areas such as: psychometrics, the learning sciences, experimental psychology, usability engineering, applied and theoretical mathematical statistics, and machine learning.
Why do we do it?
- Advance scientific knowledge in the fields of psychometrics and the learning sciences
- Improve the quality of assessment and instruction for children and adults
- Provide advanced scientific training for the next generation of psychometricians and learning scientists.