Ph.D. Department of chemistry, University of Science and Technology, China, 2010
M.S. Department of chemistry, Shantou University, China, 2007
B.S. School of Chemistry and Life Science, Gannan Normal College, China, 2004
Magnetic Nanoparticles, Intracellular Labeling and Biosensing.
Honors and Awards
Best Poster in Bioimaging, UT Metroplex Day, 2013.
- J.B. Liu, P.N. Duchesne, M.X. Yu, X.Y. Jiang, X.H. Ning, P. Zhang, J. Zheng. “Luminescent Gold Nanoparticles with Size-independent Emissions”, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 2016, accepted.
- M. X. Yu,J. B. Liu, X. H. Ning, J. Zheng*. “High-contrast Noninvasive Imaging of Kidney Clearance Kinetics Enabled by Renal Clearable Nanofluorophores”. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 54, 15434-15438 (2015).
- S. Yang, S. Sun, C. Zhou, G. Hao,J. Liu, S. Ramezani, M. Yu, X. Sun, and J. Zheng. “Renal Clearance and Degradation of Glutathione-Coated Copper Nanoparticles”,Bioconjugate Chemistry, 2015, DOI: 10.1021/acs.bioconjchem.5b00003.
- Vinluan III,J. Liu, C. Zhou, M. Yu, S. Yang, A. Kumar, S. Sun, A. Dean, X. Sun, J. Zheng. “Glutathione-Coated Luminescent Gold Nanoparticles: A Surface Ligand for Minimizing Serum Protein Adsorption”, ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces, 2014, DOI:10.1021/am5031374.
- S. Sun, C. Zhou, S. Chen,J.B. Liu, J. Yu, J. Chilek, L. Zhao, M.X. Yu, R. Vinluan, B. Huang, and J. Zheng, “Surface-Chemistry Effect on Cellular Response of Luminescent Plasmonic Silver Nanoparticles”,Bioconjugate Chemistry, 2014, DOI: 10.1021/bc500008a.
- J.B. Liu, M.X. Yu, X. Ning, C. Zhou, S.Y. Yang, and J. Zheng, “PEGylation and Zwitterionization: Pros and Cons in Renal Clearance and Tumor Targeting of Near-IR-Emitting Gold Nanoparticles”,Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 2013, DOI:10.1002/anie.201304465. (Highlighted as VIP)
- 7.B. Liu, M.X. Yu, C. Zhou, and J. Zheng, “Renal Clearable Inorganic Nanoparticles: A New Frontier of Bionanotechnology”,Mater. Today, 2013, accepted.
- J.B. Liu, M. Yu, C. Zhou, S. Yang, X. Ning, and J. Zheng, “Passive Tumor Targeting of Renal Clearable Luminescent Gold Nanoparticles: Long Tumor Retention and Fast Normal Tissue Clearance”,J. Am. Chem. Soc., 135, 4978-4981 (2013).
- C. Zhou, S. Yang,J. Liu, M. Yu, and J. Zheng, “Luminescent Gold Nanoparticles: A New Class of Nanoprobes for Biomedical Imaging”, Exp. Bio. Med., 2013, accepted.
- 10.B. Liu, C. Zhou, M. Yu, J. Zheng, “Decomposition of Amino Acids Catalyzed by Plasmonic Gold Nanoparticles”,Sci. Adv. Mater., 4, 813-818 (2012).
- 11.B. Liu, S.H. Fu, B. Yuan, Y.L. Li and Z.X. Deng, “Toward a universal “adhesive nanosheet” for the assembly of multiple nanoparticles based on a protein-induced reduction/decoration of graphene oxide”,J. Am. Chem. Soc., 132, 7279–7281 (2010).
- 12.B. Liu, Y.L. Lin, Y.M. Li, J.H. Li and Z.X. Deng, “Noncovalent DNA decorations of graphene oxide and reduced graphene oxide toward water-soluble metal-carbon hybrid nanostructures via self-assembly”,J. Mater. Chem., 20, 900–906 (2010).
- 13. S. Yang, C. Zhou,B. Liu, M. Yu, J. Zheng, “One-step Interfacial Synthesis and Assembly of Fluorescent Ultrathin Au@Silica Membrane”,Adv. Mater., 24, 3218-3222 (2012).
- Z.G. Chen,J.B. Liu and Y.L. Han, “Rapid and sensitive determination of proteins by enhanced resonance light scattering spectroscopy of sodium lauroyl glutamate”, Talanta, 71, 1246–1251 (2007).
- Z.G. Chen,J.B. Liu, Y.L. Han and L. Zhu, “A novel histidine assay using tetraphenylporphyrin manganese (III) chloride as a molecular recognition probe by resonance light scattering technique”,Anal. Chim. Acta, 570, 109–115 (2006).
- Z.G. Chen,J.B. Liu, Y.Z. Liang and F.L. Ren, “Use of sodium sauroyl sarcosinate in a high-sensitivity protein assay by resonance light scattering technique”, J. Biomol. Screen., 11, 400–406 (2006).
- G. Chen,J.B. Liu, X.M. Chen, T.Y. Zhang, Y.L. Han, “Resonance light scattering spectroscopy of beta-cyclodextrin-sodium dodecylsulfate-protein ternary system and its analytical applications”, Anal. Sci., 23, 1305–1310 (2007).
- G. Chen,J.B. Liu, L. Zhu, W.F. Ding, Y.L. Han, “Development of a sensitive and rapid nucleic acid assay with tetraphenyl porphyrinatoiron chloride by a resonance light scattering technique”, Luminescence, 22, 493–500 (2007).
- G. Chen,J.B. Liu, F.L. Ren and W.F. Ding, “Rapid and sensitive determination of nucleic acids by enhanced resonance light scattering spectroscopy of tetraphenyl porphyrin cobalt(II) chloride”, Instrum. Sci. Tech., 34, 273–287 (2006).