Undergraduate research assistants are essential members of the lab team. Students help with both participant recruitment and running study sessions, depending on the lab’s needs at a given time. Experienced students are encouraged to work on independent research projects under the guidance of Dr. Spence. Interested students should email email@example.com for an application. We welcome applications at any time of year, but we do adhere to the following semester deadlines:
- Spring Semester – November 1
- Summer Semester – April 1
- Fall Semester – April 1
Students who do well in our lab are usually:
- Interested in child development and/or language development
- Comfortable working in groups and independently
- Comfortable communicating with parents directly via phone, email and in person
Additionally, we ask that students apply for three credit hours each semester, which requires nine hours per week during Spring/Fall and eleven hours per week in the Summer.
Please feel free to reach out to us if you would like to know more.