The Neural Interfaces Lab fabricates and tests devices for stimulation and recording of both the central and peripheral nervous system. Our lab focuses on designing flexible ultra-microelectrode arrays and the fabrication of silicon carbide based devices. We also investigate the electrochemical properties and chronic stability of neural electrodes in bench-top studies as well as animal studies.
- Electrochemical characterization of neural electrodes
- Characterization of the electrode-tissue interface
- Neural device fabrication
- Cortical stimulation and recording
- Peripheral nerve stimulation and changes in limb function
- Failure analysis of neural devices
- Mechanical testing of neural devices