The Neural Interfaces Lab fabricates and tests devices for stimulation and recording of both the central and peripheral nervous system. The NIL focuses on the fabrication of silicon carbide based devices and designing flexible ultra-microelectrode arrays. The NIL also investigates the electrochemical properties and chronic stability of neural electrodes in bench-top studies as well as animal studies.
- Electrochemical characterization of neural electrodes.
- Characterization of the electrode-tissue interface.
- Neural device fabrication.
- Cortical stimulation and recording.
- Peripheral nerve devices and limb function.
- Failure analysis of neural devices.
- Mechanical testing of neural devices.