Ph.D. Department of Chemistry, The University of Texas at Dallas, 2011-2016.
Dissertation: Bioconjugation Chemistry in Luminescent Gold Nanoparticles
B.S. Chemistry (major) and Biology (minor), The University of Texas at Dallas, 2011.
Magnetic Nanoparticles, luminescent metal nanoparticles, bioconjugation, proteins, fluorescent dyes, and biological applications.
Honors and Awards
David E. Daniel Fellowship Award, University of Texas at Dallas, 2016.
Best Poster Award, ACS Colloid and Surface Chemistry Division, March 2015.
PhD Small Research Grants Program, University of Texas at Dallas, 2015.
Chemistry Graduate Fellowship, University of Texas at Dallas, 2014.
Eric Moore Chemistry Graduate Scholarship, University of Texas at Dallas, 2014
N&SM Outstanding Teaching Assistant Award, University of Texas at Dallas, 2013.
- Shaoheng Tang, Chuanqi Peng, Jing Xu, Bujie Du, Qinxiao Wang,Rodrigo D. Vinluan, Mengxiao Yu, Moon J. Kim and Jie Zheng. “Tailoring Renal Clearance and Tumor Targeting of Ultrasmall Metal Nanoparticles with Particle Density.” Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 2016, 55, 16039-16043
- Xuhui Ning, ChuanqiPeng, Eric S. Li, Jing Xu,Rodrigo D. Vinluan, Mengxiao Yu and Jie Zheng. “Physiological stability and renal clearance of ultrasmall zwitterionic gold nanoparticles: Ligand length matters.” Apl Materials 2017, 5: 053406.
- R. Vinluan III, M. Yu, M. Gannaway, J. Sullins, J. Xu, and J. Zheng. “Labeling monomeric insulin with renal clearable luminescent gold nanoparticles”,Bioconjugate Chemistry, 2015, DOI:10.1021/acs.bioconjchem.5b00490.
- 3. Vinluan IIIand J. Zheng, “Serum protein adsorption and excretion pathways of metal nanoparticles”, Nanomedicine, 2015, DOI: 10.2217/nnm.15.97.
- 2. Vinluan III, J. Liu, C. Zhou, M. Yu, S. Yang, A. Kumar, S. Sun, A. Dean, X. Sun, J. Zheng. “Glutathione-Coated Luminescent Gold Nanoparticles: A Surface Ligand for Minimizing Serum Protein Adsorption”,ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces, 2014, DOI:10.1021/am5031374.
- 1. Sun, C. Zhou, S. Chen, J.B. Liu, J. Yu, J. Chilek, L. Zhao, M.X. Yu,R. Vinluan, B. Huang, and J. Zheng, “Surface-Chemistry Effect on Cellular Response of Luminescent Plasmonic Silver Nanoparticles”, Bioconjugate Chemistry, 2014, DOI: 10.1021/bc500008a.