Ph.D. Department of chemistry, University of California at Riverside, Riverside, 2002
B.S. Department of Materials Science and Engineering, University of Science and Technology, China, 1995
Laser Spectroscopy, Microscopic imaging and instrumentation
- J. Lu,L. Zhao, T. Xia, and X. Qi, “Dissect Conformational Distribution and Drug-Induced Population Shift of Prokaryotic rRNA A-Site”, Biochemistry, 52, 1651-1653 (2013)
- McIntire,L. Zhao, V. Kobryanskii and E. L. Chronister, “High-pressure Raman spectroscopy of nanoparticle polyacetylene in a poly(vinyl-butyral) matrix”, J. Raman Spectrosc., 42, 1435-1441 (2011)
- Jain,L. Zhao*, J. Liu, and T. Xia, “Heterogeneity and Dynamics of the Ligand Recognition Mode in Purine-Sensing Riboswitches”, Biochemistry, 49, 3703-3714 (2010).
- Zhao, T. Xia, “Probing RNA conformational dynamics and heterogeneity using femtosecond time-resolved fluorescence spectroscopy”, Methods, 49, 128-135 (2009).
- Liu,L. Zhao* and T. Xia, “The Dynamic Structural Basis of Differential Enhancement of Conformational Stability by 5′- and 3′-Dangling Ends in RNA”, Biochemistry, 47, 5962-5975 (2008).
- Zhao, T. Xia, “Direct Revelation of Multiple Conformations in RNA by Femtosecond Dynamics”,J. Am. Chem. Soc., 129, 4118-4119 (2007).
- Zhao, S. K. Pal, T. Xia and A. H. Zewail, “Dynamics of Ordered Water in Interfacial Enzyme Recognition: Bovine Pancreatic Phospholipase A2”,Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 43, 60-63 (2004)