We have had a number of recent publications
- S. Kumar, A. Mohammadi, D. Quinteri, S. Rezazadeh, N. Gans, and R.D. Gregg, “Extremum Seeking Control for Model-Free Auto-Tuning of Powered Prosthetic Legs,” IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology, (preprint)
- K. Fathian, N. Gans, W. Krawcewicz and D. Rachinskii, “Regular Polygon Formations with Fixed Size and Cyclic Sensing Constraint,” in IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control (preprint)
- E. A. Lee., N. R., Gans, M. G. Grohman, M. J. Brown, “Ethics as a Rare Bird: A Challenge For Situated Studies of Ethics in the Engineering Lab,” Journal of Responsible Innovation (preprint)
- B. H. Jafari, N. Walker, R. Smaldone, and N. Gans, “Geometric Trajectory Planning for Robot Motion Over a 3D Surface,” Proc. ASME 019 Dynamic Systems and Control Conference, October 2018, to appear
- S. Kumar, A. Mohammadi, R.D. Gregg, N. Gans, “Limit Cycle Minimization by Time-Invariant Extremum Seeking Control,” Proc. American Controls Conference, July 2019
- K. Fathian, D. Rachinskii, M.W. Spong, T.H. Summers, N. Gans, “Distributed Formation Control via Mixed Barycentric Coordinate and Distance-Based Approach,” Proc. American Controls Conference, July 2019
- K. Fathian, S. Safaoui , T.H. Summers, N. Gans, “Robust 3D Distributed Formation Control with Collision Avoidance and Application to Multirotor Aerial Vehicles, Proc. International Conference on Robotics and Automation, May 2019
This as been a big year for PhDs. Congrats to Kaveh Fathian, Yingao Li and Olalekan Ogunmolu!
We will be traveling to Madrid for the 2019 IEE International Conference on Robots and Automation. The following paper will appear:
We also have a new paper in preprint in the IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control
We have several of new journal and conference publications that recently appeared or will soon!
- K. Fathian; T. H. Summers; N. R. Gans, “Robust Distributed Formation Control of Agents with Higher-Order Dynamics”, IEEE Control System Letters, , vol. 2, no. 3, pp. 495-500, July 2018
- K. Fathian, J. Jin, S.-G. Wee, D.-H. Lee, Y.-G. Kim, N. R. Gans, Camera relative pose estimation for visual servoing using quaternions, Robotics and Autonomous Systems, vol. 107, Pages 45-62, June, 2018
- J. Jin, J.P. Ramires, Y. Kim and S. Wee, D. Lee and N. Gans, “A Switched-System Approach to Formation Control and Heading Consensus for Multi-Robot Systems,” Journal of Intelligent Service Robotics, vol. 11, no. 2, pp. 207-224, April, 2018
- Jafari, N. Lee, B. Antohe and N. Gans, “Parameter Estimation and Line Width Control of Robot Guided Inkjet Deposition,” Proc. 2018 American Controls Conference, accepted, to appear.
- Fathian, K., Summers, T. H., & Gans, N. R. “Distributed Formation Control and Navigation of Fixed-wing UAVs at Constant Altitude,” 2018 International Conference on Unmanned Aircraft Systems, accepted, to appear
Nick Gans is representing the SeRViCE Lab at the 2018 International Conference on Robotics and Automation.
We have a poster and paper in the Vision for Navigation 1 Session
We have several posters in the in the late-breaking paper sections as well
- Minimax Iterative Dynamic Game: Application to Nonlinear Robot Control Tasks – WeA-LBP.4
- Extremum Seeking Control for Model-Free Auto-Tuning of Powered Prosthetic Legs – WeP-LBP.4
- Classification and Localization of Objects in SLAM Using Nonparametric Statistics and Clustering – WeP-LBP.9
- A Robot System for Automated Wound Filling with Jetted Materials – ThA-LBP.1
We have good news to kick off 2018.
“QuEst: A Quaternion-Based Approach for Camera Motion Estimation from Minimal Feature Points,” by K. Fathian ; J.P. Ramirez Paredes ; E. Doucette ; J. W. Curtis ; N. Gans, IEEE Robotics and Automation Letters, is now available in preprint
“Parameter Estimation and Line Width Control of Robot Guided Inkjet
Deposition,” by B. Jafari, N. Lee, B. Antohe and N. Gans was accepted to appear at the 2018 American Controls Conference.
The SeRViCE Lab has projects funded on two new grants starting in September:
- Time-Invariant, Multi-Objective Extremum Seeking Control for Model-Free Auto-Tuning of Powered Prosthetic Legs, from the National Science Foundation
- Distributed Control and Vision-Based Estimation for UAS Autonomy, from the Air Force Research Laboratory Munitions Directorate
Lab Member Saurav Kumar was just at the 2017 IEEE Conference on Control Technology and Applications. His paper “Automatic Tuning of Virtual Constraint-Based Control Algorithms for Powered Knee-Ankle Prostheses” was nominated for best student paper!
Lab member Olalekan Ogunmolu will present the paper “Soft-NeuroAdapt: A 3-DOF Neuro-Adaptive Patient Pose Correction System For Frameless and Maskless Cancer Radiotherapy” and poster “Robustness Margins and Robust Guided Policy Search for Deep Reinforcement Learning.”
Congratulations also to Olalekan for a slew of awards. He is a finalist for the Robotics Entrepreneurship Forum and Start-Up Competition held at IROS, and he won travel grants for both IROS and the preceding ROSCon!
See you in Vancouver!