The Sensing, Robotics, Vision, Controls and Estimation Lab was founded in January 2010. We are interested in topics of control and estimation with applications in robotics, autonomous vehicles and sensor management. We have focus and expertise in vision-based control and estimation and nonlinear control.
Members of the lab have backgrounds in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering and Computer Science. This breadth allows us to address stages of research, advancing from theoretical, mathematical development to advanced simulation through implementation on robot platforms.
We have several of new journal and conference publications that recently appeared or will soon!
- K. Fathian; T. H. Summers; N. R. Gans, “Robust Distributed Formation Control of Agents with Higher-Order Dynamics”, IEEE Control System Letters, , vol. 2, no. 3, pp. 495-500, July 2018
- K. Fathian, J. Jin, S.-G. Wee, D.-H. Lee, Y.-G. Kim, N. R. Gans, Camera relative pose estimation for visual servoing using quaternions, Robotics and Autonomous Systems, vol. 107, Pages 45-62, June, 2018
- J. Jin, J.P. Ramires, Y. Kim and S. Wee, D. Lee and N. Gans, “A Switched-System Approach to Formation Control and Heading Consensus for Multi-Robot Systems,” Journal of Intelligent Service Robotics, vol. 11, no. 2, pp. 207-224, April, 2018
- Jafari, N. Lee, B. Antohe and N. Gans, “Parameter Estimation and Line Width Control of Robot Guided Inkjet Deposition,” Proc. 2018 American Controls Conference, accepted, to appear.
- Fathian, K., Summers, T. H., & Gans, N. R. “Distributed Formation Control and Navigation of Fixed-wing UAVs at Constant Altitude,” 2018 International Conference on Unmanned Aircraft Systems, accepted, to appear
We have good news to kick off 2018.
“QuEst: A Quaternion-Based Approach for Camera Motion Estimation from Minimal Feature Points,” by K. Fathian ; J.P. Ramirez Paredes ; E. Doucette ; J. W. Curtis ; N. Gans, IEEE Robotics and Automation Letters, is now available in preprint
“Parameter Estimation and Line Width Control of Robot Guided Inkjet
Deposition,” by B. Jafari, N. Lee, B. Antohe and N. Gans was accepted to appear at the 2018 American Controls Conference.