Due to COVID-19, UT Dallas will give flexibility to the GRE scores for official admission to the University. Please contact Dai@utdallas.edu for more information.
The Bioinspired Thermal Fluid (BTF) lab at UTD is inviting creative, motivated and open-minded Post-Doc, Ph.D., Master and Undergraduate candidates in any science and engineering departments to join us, as long as you have interests and can fit the projects in our lab.
Our objective is to solve the energy, water and health problems in our society. Our research is interdisciplinary. Candidates with interests in the following areas are encouraged to apply.
- Fundamentals of wetting, condensation, boiling, and evaporation;
- Advanced manufacture, nanofabrication, MEMS, and surface modification;
- Thermal management (of smartphones, batteries, LED, electronics, and power systems);
- Superhydrophobic surfaces, polymers, soft materials, and 2D materials;
- Biofilm, antimicrobial, anti-biofouling, bio-sensing, and solar thermal.
If you are interested in joining us, please send Prof. Dai (email: Dai@utdallas.edu) the following documents:
Your full CV (with GPA, TOEFL and GRE scores; working experiences; publications), and electronic copy of transcripts;
Some information related to UTD:
- UT Dallas Ranks 1st in U.S. Among Universities Under 50 Years Old. Read more.
- The fastest growing cities in America are in Texas. Read more.
- A lot of companies move to Dallas (e.g. Toyota North America, IBM, Motorola). Read more.
- Texas wants to elevate the higher education colleges and universities to be ranked number 1 in the US. Read more.
- UT Dallas is classified as a R1 Research University (Highest research activity) in the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education. Read more.
- UT Dallas is progressing toward its goal of becoming a top research university. Read more.